7-Nights Historic Highlights
Explore a young nation, on this journey that takes you Capitol Hill, George Washington’s home, reenactments on Gettysburg’s battlefields and dinner in a haunted tavern. This New England tour immerses you in the past, as you'll be chatting with blacksmiths in Colonial Williamsburg and visiting the monuments of D.C.’s National Mall.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- 2 Lunch (L)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- Lancaster County: Guests will enjoy a Be My Guest lunch experience at the Amish home of Samuel and Ruth Lapp, who own a working 25 acre produce farm just outside of Lancaster. The Lapp Family will introduce our guests to a few Amish Traditions and host them to a family style meal with recipes passed through generations and ingredients sourced directly from their farm. * Please note, alcohol is not traditionally served with Amish meals. Drinks will be sweet tea or purified water.
- Williamsburg (VA): The Museum of the American Revolution uncovers and shares compelling stories about the diverse people and complex events that sparked the American Revolution. Through the Museum’s collection, immersive galleries, powerful theater experiences, and interactive elements, visitors gain a deeper appreciation for how this nation came to be and feel inspired to consider their role in ensuring that the promise of the Revolution endures.
- Jamestown (RI): This morning, we venture to Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in America, where we'll gain insights into the trials that marked the lives of early 17th century colonists. Guests can walk through the life-sized re-creations of the colonists' crude fort, explore the mock-up of the Native American Powhatan village and climb aboard a replica of one of the three ships that sailed from England to Virginia.
- Williamsburg (VA): Colonial Williamsburg, once Britain's largest colony in the New World. Get a glimpse into what life was like in the colonies and engage with costumed blacksmiths, tradesmen and enjoy a a marching parade in the towns square.
- Richmond: Visit St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia-the very spot where George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were inspired by Patrick Henry's fiery "Give me liberty or give me death" speech.
- Charlottesville: Explore Monticello, the neoclassical Italian estate where Thomas Jefferson lived. Thomas Jefferson was a leading figure of the American Revolution and Third President of the United States.
- Gettysburg: During your dinner at Dobbin House Tavern--established in 1776 and on the National Register of Historic Places—enjoy Abraham Lincoln Impersonator and veteran actor James Hayney’s visit and talk on the American Civil War and Lincoln’s presidency.
- : D
7 nights from $2795 per person
Philadelphia has a treasury of American history like the Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall. The scenic countryside is home to the prosperous farms of the Pennsylvania Dutch country. Enjoy, golf, spectator sports, fine dining, museums, great activities and so much more. There are unique places for to visit including: Eastern State Penitentiary, The Benjamin Franklin Bridge, and the United States Mint. There are some familiar activities and attractions such as the zoo and aquarium.
Williamsburg offers something for everyone, from the history buff to the bargain hunter, from the carnival lover to the music aficionado. Amusement parks, sightseeing, fine dining, Colonial Williamsburg is not all Williamsbrug has to offer. Visit Busch Gardens - Williamsburg's own little Europe. Or, if the temperature seems too high, splash through Water Country USA. Colonial Williamsburg offers American history at its best.
Gettysburg is where the turning point of the Civil War occurred from July 1 - 3, 1863. Travel to the Gettysburg National Military Park, with over 1,000 monuments and cannon along over 40 miles of scenic roads, a battlefield shrine to the Union and Confederate soldiers who fought here. Plan to visit the scene of the Gettysburg Address, Picket's Charge, General Robert E. Lee's Headquarters, Little Round Top, and the Devil's Den. In Gettysburg, authentic Civil War era foods are offered, as well as a restored historic inn and over 25 museums and resort attractions.
Washington D.C. is the nations capital and is full of things to see and do. See where the President lives or even where the laws are made; take a tour of the Capitol building and White House. Washington D.C. is situated perfectly between Virginia and Maryland which allows its visitors the convenience of great attractions and activities. There are tons of museums, historical landmarks, art galleries, monuments, and all the government buildings right in Washington D.C. for you to visit. For a little more excitement visit Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, and Six Flags America close by.
Historically rich, Charlottesville in Virginia was the home of Thomas Jefferson. Visitors can take a tour of his home located just outside of the downtown area. Visitors come to the city for wine tours, ballooning, and world class musical entertainment. The Shenandoah National Park offers rolling hills, fantastic overlooks, and excellent hiking. The Downtown Mall is one of the largest outdoor malls in the country with splendid stores and restaurants.
Valid Travel DatesDeparture Dates:FromUntilFrom Price4/13/20244/20/2024$2825pp5/4/20245/11/2024$2795pp5/11/20245/18/2024$2795pp6/8/20246/15/2024$2825pp9/7/20249/14/2024$2825pp9/14/20249/21/2024$2795pp9/21/20249/28/2024$2825pp10/5/202410/12/2024$2795pp10/12/202410/19/2024$2795ppPrices Start at:$2795Number of Nights:7Air City:Call for airfares from your city.Vacation Rating:Remarks:Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Itinerary and map subject to change. Trip prices are per person, land only, based on double occupancy and reflect applicable discount. Discounts are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Trip prices are correct at the time of the products going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however are subject to change - please confirm all details at time of booking.
* For single travelers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group.
* Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey. It's also not available on Small Group trips. Guided Vacations included in this restriction are Newfoundland and Labrador (DNLA) as well as Panama, the Canal & Beyond (LPAN).Offer ID:1471524
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
House of Travel
17813 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33160
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.