5-Nights Captivating Kerala
Leave the world behind and connect with the enchanting sounds of nature in Kerala. Savour its lingering aroma of spices, the gentle lapping of its backwaters and its vivid colours at every turn.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 5 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Dinner (D)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- Kochi: Visit and have lunch with a local family in their home in Kochi and gain a fascinating insight into their lifestyle.
- Periyar National Park: See an Indian martial arts performance.
- Kumarakom: Discover rural life on a walking tour with a local market visit.
- Kochi: See the unique Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi.
- : Join a Local Specialist on a visit to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park.
- Kumily: Learn about time-tested customs and the cultural significance of spice cultivation during your visit to Kumily Spice Garden.
- Kerala Backwater Day Tours: Cruise the backwaters of Kerala on a traditional houseboat. Get an insider's look at the day-to-day activities of locals as you journey along Kerala's waterways.
- : Explore Kochi
- : Visit Kumily Spice Garden and St. Francis Church in Kochi
- : Scenic Cruise the Kerala Backwaters on a houseboat
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
5 nights from $1103 per person
Kochi (Cochin) is the great, old Keralan spice city. It consists of mainland Ernakulam, islands of Willingdon, Bolgatty and Gundu in the harbor, Fort Cochin and Mattancheri on the southern peninsula and Vypeen Island north of Cochin. Because of the area’s dense tropical forests, extensive ridges and ravines, it has been sheltered from invaders and the rest of India. This encouraged Keralites to welcome maritime contact, and therefore influence from the outside world. In Cochin there is still a small community of descendants from Jewish settlers who fled Palestine 2,000 years ago. When the Portuguese arrived here some 500 years ago, they were surprised to find Christianity already established along this coast. People from far-off lands have been coming to Kerala since ancient times in search of spices, sandalwood and ivory. Such long contact with people from overseas has resulted in the blending of various cultures and has given Keralites a cosmopolitan outlook.
Kumarakom, a small cluster of islands on the backwaters of Vembanad is a popular bird sanctuary and a tourist destination in Kerala, India. The village is abundant in history, rice fields and coconut trees. Visitors can rent and dine onboard a boathouse while cruising through Vembanad Lake, birdwatch at the Vembanad Bird Sanctuary, or munch on local delicacies that emphasizes on exotic spices.
Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
A National Park and a Wildlife Sanctuary, Periyar (Thekaddy) is South India's protected are and nature reserve. Created by the British in 1895, Periyar is a mountain scenery of jungle walks that's home to bison, sambar, wild boar, languar, elephants and tigers.
Valid Travel Dates
** This departure has been designated a guaranteed departure by the operator, meaning that the minimum number of guests has been met, although still subject to weather and other conditions.
* For single travelers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group.
* Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey. It's also not available on Small Group trips. Guided Vacations included in this restriction are Newfoundland and Labrador (DNLA) as well as Panama, the Canal & Beyond (LPAN).
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
House of Travel
17813 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33160
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.