6-Nights Oman Walking & Hiking Tour
Muscat & the Gulf of Oman to Mountain Villages & Bedouin Deserts
Limestone cliffs shimmering in the distance. White-robed figures in the desert, leading camels on leather ropes. It’s not a mirage—it’s Oman. Experience a traditional Middle Eastern steam bath. Discover al Jebel Akhdar, the Green Mountain. Visit a souq and be invited to a family home for a shay. Hike, trek and camel-ride across unforgettable landscapes. In a sprawling desert, Oman is the oasis. Come be refreshed with Backroads.
6 nights from $7199 per person
Surrounded by striking mountains on one side and soft sandy shores along its coasts, Muscat is an ancient town, characterized by a unique civilization reflecting Arabian and Islamic influences. It maintains a medieval appearance with two ancient Portuguese forts guarding the rocky cove around which the town is built. In the heart of the old, walled-in city is the magnificent Sultan’s Palace and various ancient buildings, distinctive with Eastern Arabian style, Arabesque gates and beautiful engravings. The Muttrah Souq (bazaar) is without a doubt the most interesting souq in the Arab Gulf States - with a vast array of Arabian antiques, bright textiles and exquisite gold and silver jewelry. Muscat is indeed a treasure chest of places to see, where history comes alive and age-old secrets are revealed in a taste of timelessness. Muscat boasts fine museums. Distinctive with its clean silver sands, Qantab Beach is surrounded by mountains which prevent exposure to strong winds. Muscat is a photographer’s delight.
Nizwa, the capital of Oman during the 6th and 7th century is one of Oman’s largest cities that converted to Islam centering trade, religion, education, and art, a clear foundation for Islamic learning. In the 17th century a grand fort was built by Sultan Bin Saif Al Ya’ribi however during the 1950’s that same large tower was destroyed. The city’s developing infrastructures throughout history advances Nizwa as a modern city. Nizwa’s economy famously known for producing straw mats, has also been exposing middle-eastern agricultural products and handicrafts for centuries; but with the discovery of oil in the 1970's, the city now has thriving metalwork industries.
Travelers visiting Nizwa can explore the remains of the Nizwa Fort; tour the Falaj Daris operating since 500 CE, gravity fed irrigation system listed as a UNESCO World Hertiage site; admire the beautiful Islamic mosques, and visit the local Nizwa Souq and Goat Souq markets.
No information currently available.
Al Hajar Mountains
No information currently available.
Valid Travel Dates
- 6-nights hotel accommodations in Premier Hotels
- Meals: All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- Expertise and services of experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
- Discover the fascinating ancient culture of this Middle Eastern kingdom—and enjoy the hospitality of its present-day residents
- Luxuriate at our stunning hotels and their refreshing pools, lavish spas and manicured gardens—some of the best in the Middle East
- Explore the unique landscapes of this desert country, where colorful limestone mountain ranges trail off into lush gorges and stunning beaches offer views of the Gulf of Oman
- Sample fresh pomegranates, dates, Arabic coffee and traditional teas—all the bounty of this oasis kingdom
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
House of Travel
17813 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33160
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.