9-Nights Essence of South Africa
Essence Of South Africa
Bush, beach and two vibrant cities – capture the essence of South Africa on this culmination of a Cape Town to Kruger experience, including Johannesburg, the 'City of Gold'.
- Explore Cape Town
- Visit Table Mountain, Bo-Kaap, Cape of Good Hope, Franschhoek, Hermanus, the Karongwe Private Game Reserve, Hector Pieterson Museum in Soweto and the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg
- View the Castle of Good Hope, Boulder's Beach penguin colony and Mandela House in Soweto
- Connect with Locals Join a local Hermanus business owner for a traditional braai (barbecue) and some of his homemade wine against a clifftop backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Stays with Stories Your stay at Becks Safari Lodge in Karongwe Private Game Reserve contributes to the area's environmental sustainability and community development.
- Dive into Culture Hear first hand about the traditions and cultures of the Shangaan people and how their village promotes eco and wildlife education.
- Dive into Culture Learn about South Africa's turbulent past on an interactive Johannesburg and Soweto Freedom tour.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Support a local Shangaan village, its Eco Academy and work in the local community with your visit.
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 9 Breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels and safari lodges, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Air-conditioned coach or Quantum bus
- All transport and transfers shown
- Optional Experiences and free time
9 nights from $4575 per person
Cape Town is southern Africa's most beautiful, most romantic and most-visited city. Few urban centers anywhere can match its setting along the Cape Peninsula spine, which slides like the mighty tail of the continent into the Atlantic Ocean. By far the most striking - and famous - of its sights is Table Mountain, frequently mantled by clouds, and rearing up from the middle of the city to provide a constantly changing vista to the suburbs below. Table Mountain is the city's solid core which divides the city into distinct zones with public gardens, wilderness, forests, hiking routes, vineyards and desirable residential areas trailing down it's lower slopes.
Johannesburg's contrasts are some of the most extreme in the world; poverty-stricken and overcrowded Alexandra is surrounded by some of the richest suburbs in South Africa, and downtown hundreds of homeless struggle to survive around the Stock Exchange. The contrast between suburb and township is mirrored nationwide, but is more extreme here because of the intense wealth of many of the suburbs, and the sheer size of the townships and their satellite squatter camps. Yet the city as a whole continues to suck in people and skills from all over the country, making it the financial, commercial and cultural powerhouse of South Africa.
Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Karongwe Private Game Reserve is a wildlife sanctuary on the banks of the Karongwe River in Limpopo, South Africa. Untamed and tranquil, the vas wilderness is abundant with over 60 mammal species with big cats, elephants, rhinos and birds. This camp is 21,000 acres of land and travelers can walk the safari, take a guided bushwalk, and pursue exciting game.
Valid Travel Dates
** This departure has been designated a guaranteed departure by the operator, meaning that the minimum number of guests has been met, although still subject to weather and other conditions.
* For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group.
* Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey. It's also not available on Small Group trips. Guided Vacations included in this restriction are Newfoundland and Labrador (DNLA) as well as Panama, the Canal & Beyond (LPAN).
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
House of Travel
17813 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33160
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.