5-Nights Costa Rica Family Multi-Adventure Tour - 20s & Beyond
Cloud Forest & Volcanoes to the Pacific Coast
Pura vida! Not just a greeting in Costa Rica but a way of life. Pure life. Enthusiasm for adventure. Seize it all, from cloud forests and jungles to rain forests with hidden hot springs and plummeting waterfalls. Howler monkeys and iguanas. Zip lines, white-water rafting, biking, hiking and hammocks. Embrace the pure life in Costa Rica.
5 nights from $4399 per person
La Fortuna is near Costa Rica's active volcano, Volcan Arenal. Driving into the park, plumes of smoke belching out of the volcano become ominiously closer. Arenal has been nearly contastantly active and attracts visitors from around the world. Experiencing first hand nature's awesome power is a humbling sight. Take a night trip to the volcano and see bright red lava spew forth. Tabacon Resort Hot Springs, located in Arenal, featuring stunning views of Arenal Volcano and offering the pleasurable experience of bathing in the volcano's byproduct - hot springs. Constant energy of Arenal volcano, warmth of flowing thermo mineral rivers and surrounding tropical rain forest provide a supreme experience. Let the hot water of a spectacular waterfall massage your neck and shoulders. Enjoy a large main pool with a swim-up bar, or other smaller pools hidden in the gardens with built-in lounges, little waterfalls, and cozy tubs. Spend a steamy afternoon here, or head to Iskandria Spa for a volcanic body wrap, using a mixture of ash as a skin mask.
Bajos del Toro
Bajos del Toro sits in Costa Rica, is situated next to the Poas Volcano National Park, Juan Castro Blanco National Park, and the Bosque de Paz Rain/Cloud Forest Biological Reserve. Outdoor activities are plentiful with rugged trail systems to explore the forest's flora and fauna. Visitors can hike to the back of Poas Volcano, go horseback riding, river rafting, mountain biking, or take a zipline tour through the canopy. For the really adventurous, there is a waterfall repel next to Catarata del Toro that drops 300-feet into an extinct volcanic crater.
No information currently available.
Valid Travel Dates
- 5-nights hotel accommodations in Premiere Hotels
- Meals: All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
- Expertise and services of experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
- Adventure through a cloud forest to Costa Rica's largest waterfall, Catarata del Toro, which plunges into an ancient volcano crater
- Paddle the white-water rapids of Río Sarapiquí, looking for toucans, iguanas, sloths and other unique jungle dwellers
- Ride along Lake Arenal and gaze at imposing Arenal Volcano, rising majestically from the lush green rain forest
- Hike to a Backroads-sponsored aviary and breeding center where you can socialize with the endangered scarlet macaw
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
House of Travel
17813 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33160
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.