9-Nights Tastes and Sounds of the South
Tastes And Sounds Of The South
Join us for a little jazz, home cookin', country music honky-tonks and a whole lot of Rock 'n' Roll on this inspiring At Leisure jaunt through the Deep South.
- CITY TOUR in Memphis, New Orleans
- ORIENTATION of Nashville
- VISIT Graceland, Oak Alley Plantation, Frogmore Plantation, Rock 'n' Soul Museum, Studio B, Sun Studios, Country Music Hall of Fame
- 9 breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
9 nights from $3050 per person
New Orleans is a happy, high-spirited city with the pulsing beat of Dixieland jazz. It delights visitors with its riverboats, Creole cuisine, quaint antique shops and narrow streets of the French Quarter. While here, be sure to take a ride on one of the picturesque trolley cars. Eccentric, elegant New Orleans is strongly connected to both the Mississippi River and the South, but its identity remains aloof from any regional or even national affiliation. It reminds some visitors of European cities, in part because French and Spanish colonial architecture adds an Old World backdrop to some streets. But the feeling of foreignness goes deeper: The celebrated New Orleans atmosphere, cuisine, music, traditions and lifestyle are rooted in an embrace of the decadent and assimilation of the unconventional. New Orleans welcomes all, but is familiar to none, and the result is a city which attracts the romantic, the spiritual, the wild and the inquisitive—all while successfully promoting itself as corporate America’s playground. No matter what is expected from a visit to New Orleans, no one goes home disappointed.
Nashville is the perfect destination for all kinds of visitors - from music lovers to history buffs to Southern lovers to sports enthusiasts and nature lovers. Nashville is the Country Music capital of the world. Have fun searching through the past or getting close to the Country Music stars of the present. Hike, bike, golf, go for a balloon ride and take tours guiding you through the history of country music. View homes of current stars including: Joe Diffie, Bryan White, Brooks & Dunn, Lorrie Morgan, George Jones, Reba McEntire, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Marty Stuart, Dolly Parton and more. Find tons of historic sites from the Civil War dating back to the 1700s.
Memphis is known as the home of Elvis Presley and as birth place of the blues. Don't forget to travel down Beale Street and listen to some of the worlds best blues bands. Hike, bike, golf, go for a balloon ride and take tours through the history of Elvis Presley's life. Don't forget some great sites in Memphis such as: Alex Haley's Home, Beale Street, and the W.C. Handy Home. Take a trip to the Memphis Zoo or jump on exiting amusement park rides at Libertyland Amusement Park.
Natchez, perched 200 feet above the Mississippi River on the highest promontory north of the Gulf of Mexico, is the oldest civilized settlement on the river. The city boomed in the first half of the 19th century with the exportation of cotton by steamboat - cotton grown on plantations in Mississippi and across the river in the rich Louisiana lowlands. Enormous fortunes were made from the area's natural resources: the land and river. Cotton was king, money was plentiful and men spent it - particularly on dazzling mansions filled with the finest furnishings money could buy. Today with its tourism, industry and enormous wealth of natural resources - hospitality - Natchez is one of the most desirable small cities in the United States. Residents are proud to have the city included in Hugh Bayless' book, "The 100 Best Towns in America."
Valid Travel Dates
* For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group.
* Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey. It's also not available on Small Group trips. Guided Vacations included in this restriction are Newfoundland and Labrador (DNLA) as well as Panama, the Canal & Beyond (LPAN).
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
House of Travel
17813 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33160
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.